Tuesday, February 19, 2013

perfect chocolate cupcakes

These are the best!  I meant to post these before Valentines day because they make the perfect treat for a special occasion.  But who needs a special occasion for chocolate cupcakes?
The best part about these...they're really easy to make!  These are my go to quick cupcake for any occasion.  I love them with my usual favorite, cream cheese frosting, (that combo was a hit for Carson's bday party) but they are so tasty with peanut butter frosting (see my recipe below).




INGREDIENTS 
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup cocoa powder (I used this kind)
2 cups milk 
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vinegar 
2 eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Mix all ingredients well (with a mixer or by hand).  It should be smooth and lump free.
Pour into cupcake papers and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I'm all for Skippy Natural)
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk (or cream) 

Mix butter and peanut butter until creamy.  Slowly add a little sugar, then a little milk (sugar, milk, sugar, milk) until all is added and frosting is smooth.  

This makes about 2 dozen cupcakes.  Eat up!
   


1 comment:

  1. Whitney,
    I'm a horrible baker but maybe I'll give these a try...they look so tasty and I do love cupcakes.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete