Wednesday, February 27, 2013

favorite chocolate chip cookies

I have got WAY too much going on right now!  I'm in the middle of a front porch makeover, which has to be finished by next weekend when we replace our terrible crabgrass with some lovely new sod (can't wait).  Anyway, all my naptime hours are being dedicated to my "new" porch so that leaves me no time to blog.  I'll be back soon with some fun posts on all my recent projects, but for now, I did make time to throw together a batch of my FAVORITE cookies - good old fashioned chocolate chip.  I've tried EVERY recipe out there (well, almost every recipe) and this is my PERFECT cookie.  I like a nice fat, chewy, chocolatey cookie (if you like crunchy and flat this isn't the recipe for you).


Here's what I've come up with.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted butter (I swear by tillamook unsalted sweet cream)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips (I use ghirardelli milk chocolate)

DIRECTIONS
~ Preheat oven to 325 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
~ Combine flour, baking soda and salt
~ In the bowl of your mixer, cream melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar 
~ Beat in vanilla, egg and yolk until creamy
~ Add the dry ingredients until blended
~ Stir in the chocolate chips by hand
~ Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto your prepared cookie sheet
~ Bake 14 minutes (may depend upon your oven) or until only slightly brown

Try not to eat them ALL yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment