Sunday, January 6, 2013

NEW year, NEW projects . . . gallery wall #1

Happy 2013!
We're back from a wonderful Oregon holiday.
I'm feeling rested and ready to jump into 2013.  I've already got a nice little list of new years projects in mind. 

I've already crossed off item #1 and it's only the first week in January.  Here's hoping I can be just as efficient all year!  Actually, I cheated a little and had most of this completed in 2012, but it feels good to cross it off anyway.

One of the "new" wall features is an old kitchen window (check it out in it's former life as our kitchen window) that I re-purposed to create a gallery wall.  It's the first thing I see when I walk down the steps and the great memories bring a smile to face every time.
The window was originally painted white, but I took the electric sander to it and sanded off a lot of the paint.  I then used a coat of Briwax to darken the wood color a little.  I wanted it to stand out against our white walls.  To keep some of the old chipped paint charm I finished the window with a coat of sealer made of 1 part elmer's glue/3 parts water.
I printed the pics to fit each pane (8.25"x8.25") on our photo printer so it will be cheap and easy to switch the photos whenever I need a change.
photo by SDK photo and design
photo by SDK photo and design

The other wall downstairs has a bunch of new canvas photos!  More on that later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment